Sunday, December 25, 2011

CARAMOAN│Lajos Island

Picture1
After Matukad Island visit, we went to another Island named Lajos or Lahos which means "overflow" because the sea can wash over a part of this narrow island from one side to the other. Vewing from a far, you'll see a beautiful Island, it's like two separated rocks situated on a flat white sand paper and can be appreciated only during low tide.

This Island also has beautiful rock formations like in Matukad's, but in comparison with the sand consistency and color, Lajos has less finer and kinda yellowish one.
Picture4
This Island is unique for it's appearance because of two prominent rocks act like two towers and passing through the middle will take you to the other side of the Island

Picture5
This is the one side of the Island's beach front where we docked our boat. Kuya Joseph, our tour guide said that this is Island is owned by Bichara family and they let able people to rent it like the survivor show. Sometimes, people just camp there for their accomodation and just hire tour guides for the Island hoping and other possible activities in Caramoan 

Picture3
I love this rock formation, Isn't that beautiful? For me it's like a huge coral reef. :) These rocks are not as high as those in Matukad but there are more bushes here



Picture10

Picture6






Now, let's see why this Island called Lahos. Here's the two sides of the Island separated by a space of white sand. During High tide, this part of the Island is unseen.


Picture8Picture7
Picture15
 


This is the other side of the Island, the one I'm talking about awhile ago. Swimming area is not that huge compare with the other side but it is also beautiful yet intriguing. I discovered something under it's rocks


Picture9
Picture11



While swimming here, I saw a small jumping creature that looks like a tadpole (a little larger version) with 2 arms in front! Upon searching the internet, I discovered its name. It's a mud skipper, source: wikipedia(left). Actually I didn't saw it on mud, under a huge rock, (behind me on the picture) instead hiding on it's holes. I tried to catch it but it's hard, it skips so fast! Well It's my first time to see this one, I just thought that maybe it is the one mentioned on science books where evolution on animals came in..haha just linking to my high school lessons before.
After several attempts to catch the mud skippers, I gave up. I know I can't catch them with just bare hands, maybe next time i'll bring paraphernalias!haha. After several minutes staying on this beautiful Island, we're then off to next one!  







Picture12This island hop happened last July 30, 2011 with my BF. By the way we're planning to have camping here next time, to add excitement on our vacation and adventure and to reduce expenses as well! haha.


**Thanks to Nestle Fruit Selection Yogurt for this Naga-Caramoan Tour package we won from their contest last December 2011 and BDC Travel Agency for arranging specs for the said tour. Also thanks to our tour guide, Joseph Valencia for a great job showing us this Island. Posted text and pictures are imported from my other blog site, felicitousgalaera.blogspot.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes